Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Treatment No. 3
One more before another PET Scan

Auntie Paula picked me up around 10am. I checked in and it took 2 hours for them to access my port-a-cath and do my blood work. And I thought it was supposed to be quicked because of this swollen thing in my shoulder. It hurt when Patricia initially stuck the needle in... but what could I expect. I squirmed and made a lot of gruesome faces... mostly because the whole thing grosses me out... and Patricia told me that there is this numbing cream I can get a prescription for... hey, maybe next time. Oh shoot, Dr. Sanz won't be there. Oh well.

So I finally get hooked up around 1230 and I'm starting to feel bad for Auntie Paula because she must be hungry and bored. I chat with the old folks. Some of them I have seen 1 or 2 times before and they're funny and like to make jokes like me. The old man's port-a-cath to the right of me hasn't been working for the blood return but works for the chemo treatment so he has to go down to x-ray afterwards to figure out what the problem is. Ugh. Cancer is so rude. It doesn't hurt and there are minimal symptoms but it causes such a maze of other problems. It's really just rediculous.

Kay hooks me up and I attempt to take a nap. I brought a granola bar but the thought of it makes me nauseas. Every time I open my eyes the IV bag looks half full. What a nightmare. It's also freezing.

Finally, it's over. I go home and sleep for the rest of the day... only to wake up to Auntie Paula bringing homemade macaroni and cheese! I always eat a ton after treatment!!

No comments: