Saturday, September 1, 2007

Persecution

I am wrought with anxiety. My body is tense and my mind cannot rest. This is what it feels like to be out of control, to take what is dealt to you with as much grace as possible. This port-a-cath aches and is swollen and I hate it while at the same time trying to learn to live with it. My hair is falling out and no preparation or joke can make it feel any more normal. Every moment is a battle... a struggle to close my eyes and relax, a campaign for sleep, torture to have so much time and reason to reflect.

I have been to 20 appointments in 9 weeks.
That's 2.2 appointments every week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why we call it a "Patty Hawk" We love it!!!

Anonymous said...

yoga...?

Anonymous said...

I want a Patty Hawk too! I LOVE IT! You are beautiful! Love Auntie Paula

Unknown said...

Hey Patty!!
I love the new haircut! :)
and I was totally not surprised that you would go back to Amherst to get it done!! I know that your hair was always a project and you were so meticulous about it...so when i thought of a haircut, i figured it would be in Amherst! :) i'm glad Marielle could drive you, how cool of a reunion in Amherst :)
Check your gmail email!!

Roommate Love.......
Asia

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty,
We all love your hair! Glad you came to the beach. Whenever you need a batch of Bahama Mamas just let me know. I deliver.
Love, Auntie Kellie

Anonymous said...

Dear Patty, Bob used to get his haircut in Amherst, It looked the same as yours looks now. Nana's doesn't look that great at the moment, but I love your mohawk and maybe I'll get one. Love Nana

Anonymous said...

Oh, Patty... I love you, and your mohawk. Have you thought about a wig...? I'm going to donate my hair next time I get it cut. I need to let it grow out a little more first though. They need a minimum of 10 inches for donations. Call soon...? Kisses and good luck tomorrow! (I hope Mom is a good Buddy!)