Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Story About Wigs

Faith

So, going bald isn't a big deal. Millions of men do it every year... every day probably. But, I have to say that I sympathize with them now. Now I know what it feels like. It's unnerving and just gross. I mean, I'm sure it's going to be great to be bald. I won't need to use an excuse when I don't blow dry my hair. My hair won't get in Todd's face when I'm sleeping. And I won't have to deal with the heavy mop feeling on the back of my neck that I hate so much. Don't get me wrong, I have loved having short hair. It makes my eyes look bigger, it feels great, and it's low maintenance. But I'm afraid it is time to say goodbye.

Long 1 / Misty

I have had the good news from my insurance that they will FULLY cover any wig (or wigs) that I choose. Therefore, I have been very meticulous in my search... since I might as well pick one that I like no matter what the cost if someone else is paying.


Short 1 / Short 2
I have been to a number of synthetic wig places. There have been a few that I like and many that I don't like. It's been hard to find a mid-length one since mostly old people go bald and like to keep their hair short. The problem with synthetic wigs is that they use a lot of fibers which makes them thick and heavy and you can't use heat when styling them.

Short 3 / Revenge

You have just seen some of the many synthetic wigs I have tried on. You might like to know that I have an appointment to try on some real hair wigs this week. So if you don't see one you like... don't worry! I will be hot and sexy in no time.

Sage / Siren

Please go to the bottom of the page and vote on your favorite wig! :) It's fun, do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Patty! I tried to vote, but my computer is being difficult... Grr. I like Faith, Revenge, and Sage. I think they're all cute and they look good. Good luck Thursday on Newbury St. I have that day off from work for Rosh Hoshanna...love Jewish people ;) And Jay works late that afternoon, I think I already told you that but anyway...Let me know if you want some more company. Love you.

Anonymous said...

i voted for revenge! all you need is a motorcycle and a leather jacket. can i come over soon?
xoxoxox

HC said...

Revenge -- cause ya look cute as a button, but it's also such a lovely metaphor. :)

Anonymous said...

I like Sage and Revenge. I tried to narrow it down to only two because I like too many of them. Love, Auntie Paula

Jackie said...

Patty,
I like the top right hairdo. You look great in shorter hair.

Anonymous said...

Patty, I am so glad you found hair that suits you! I love your wig and loved your sort hair too. Keep surviving Patty. It's a long journey, but at some point you Will say goodbye to Cancer Town :) Love You, Auntie Mary