Monday, August 6, 2007

Days before treatment begins...

I feel as though I have to apologize to all of those folks that I have been avoiding like the plague...

I have spent the last days before my first treatment at my Auntie Anne's house in North Hampton. Todd and I drove up on Saturday afternoon and stayed until Sunday. It was the most relaxing and "peaceful" and fun! thing I could have done. The past week has really just felt like "the meantime"... the time between now and Wednesday... and this weekend really took me away from the madness of waiting and wondering what treatment will feel like.

I have also been doing a substantial amount of laundry. And I signed up for NetFlix, so if anyone wants to come over and watch movies... or fold... ?

Thank you to everyone who has sent cards and commented. It really means a lot to know that you are thinking of me and my family. We'll get through this... but for now it's just "the meantime."

6 comments:

Marielle said...

Flippin A. I love blogs, and I love your writing. I majorly miss drinking wine with you. Can you drink wine on chemo? We still have to have that "punto final" malbec that I splurged on.

Anonymous said...

Roommate

Thinking of you. Not calling. You are always in my thoughts though. I just know how you need your space. But just know that NM is with you in spirit. I love you. I feel like I should be doing something to fix this situation.

Anonymous said...

Hey Patty! What you got for movies...? I am GREAT at folding laundry! :) Call me soon, and good luck tomorrow! Love you!
P.S. My message posting thing IS in spanish... strange

Anonymous said...

HEY PATTY! IT'S ME EMILY! JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU AND HAVE YOU IN MY NIGHTLY PRAYERS. I KEEP REMEMBERING FOND MEMORIES OF "TITANIC TEA", THRIFT SHOP SUPER SHOPPERS(complete with special magic rings!)ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS, NEEDLESS TO SAY WE NEED TO MAKE SOME NEW MEMORIES FOR ME TO LAUGH ABOUT. I MISS YOU! I LOVE YOU PUMPKIN! CALL ME WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE!

Anonymous said...

Patty,
When Zach and I get back from Ohio.. Movies sound great!!!! I'll bring the munchies..... Oh And I LOVE folding laundry!!!!! I'll call U from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. Just to say "Hi" Been thinking about U all day. Love you Auntie

Anonymous said...

Patty-

I think you should let me, the good doctor rmdm, give you a second opinion. After reviewing your test results, my diagnosis is that... cancer stinks.

You're handling this like a champ. Hang in there, try and stay busy, get crazy if you have to, but remember this will be over at some point.

Remember, you're the most sensitive person I know... and I know God.